Eskimo erects owner supplied steel, including conventional steel, modules and pre-engineered buildings. Eskimo has experience working time-sensitive shutdowns and performing routine maintenance.
“Eskimo Steel is a professional company who delivers good quality projects, safely and on time. Their well trained and knowledgeable supervision is visible on-site on a daily basis with a focus on their #1 value (safety)” - Shell Canada Energy
Eskimo's Field Division has extensive industrial experience, and has worked on most of the major industrial sites in Alberta and the NWT.
Scope of work has included:
- Heavy Industrial module assembly and placement
- Long term maintenance
- Shutdown support
- Working at heights exceeding 350'
- Onsite heavy lift and technical rigging support
- Structural steel demolition and replacement
- Structural steel installations in live plant settings
- Building erection in highly congested areas and live plant settings
- Syncrude - Upgrader Expansion 1 - Ft McMurray AB
Eskimo Steel has completed this work while maintaining an excellent safety record. In 2015, Eskimo Steel's WCB Premium Rate ranks 1st of all large ER erectors working in Alberta.
Recent sites on which Eskimo Steel has performed work include:
- Air Products Canada Ltd. - Hydrogen Plant - Edmonton AB
- Alberta Newsprint Co. - Paper Mill - Whitecourt AB
- Alberta Pacific Forest Industries Inc - Pulp Mill - Athabasca AB
- ATCO Power - Cogeneration Plant - Joffre AB
- BHP Billiton - Ekati Diamond Mine – Ekati (Lac de Gras) NWT
- Capital Power- Genesee Generating Station - Genesee AB
- CNRL - Horizon Oil Sands Project - Fort McMurray AB
- Conoco Phillips / Total E&P - Surmont 2 - Conklin AB
- Diavik Diamond Mines Inc - Diavik Diamond Mine - Diavik (Lac de Gras) NWT
- Enbridge - Edmonton Terminal, Edmonton Ab
- Enbridge - Hardisty Terminal, Hardisty AB
- Flint Fabrication and Modularization - Module Yard - Edmonton AB
- Imperial Oil – Kearl Lake – Fort McMurray AB
- Shell – Albian Sands – Fort McMurray AB
- Shell - Scotford Upgrader and Refinery - Fort Saskatchewan AB
- Suncor – Base Plant – Fort McMurray AB
- Syncrude - Aurora - Fort McMurray AB
- Syncrude – Mildred Lake - Fort McMurray AB